Monday, September 16, 2013

Super Smash Bros. DRAWL

Recently, I participated in an art project called Super Smash Bros. DRAWL.  In this project, 45 artist got together and each made a drawing of a character from the game, Super Smash Bros Brawl.  In a first come first serve basis, each artist chose a character and was given free reign to artistically represent that character in order to show off their artistic style.  It is incredibly neat to see what how everyone chose to represent their respective character.  Someone nabbed Kirby before I could, but luckily I got to draw my second favorite, Meta Knight.  I went through a few ideas, and the one that ultimately was posted can be seen here.  Meta Knight is one of those characters who seems like such an obvious person to be in Super Smash Bros that it leaves you wondering why he wasn't in it sooner.  But then, that list of obvious people to be in Super Smash Bros is a long list so it would be understandable if it had taken longer as well.  These are the sketches that I went through trying to figure out what I would do for Meta Knight:




Those sketches then let to these final drawings:


The image of Meta Knight slashing his sword didn't come out as well as I wanted.  However, I am very happy with both the first and last one.  If you went to the site, you'll notice that the star one was used (shame on you if you haven't gone yet).  You may have also noticed that there is an image missing from the final drawings.  Meta Knight sweeping his Dimensional Cape (which if you don't know, is apart of his Final Smash) was meant to lead to a joke.  I wanted one of these drawings to be a humorous one.  With Meta Knight owning a dimensional cape, I figured there had to be a joke in there somewhere.  It begs the question of where does he go when he uses is?  Wait...

I got it!

He teleports away to a waiting Lady Rainicorn (from Adventure Time) whom he uses to fly away (along with Kirby holding on to her tail).  An update with this image will be coming ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment